Pages

Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards.

Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards. Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards. Artist Trading Cards, Artist TradingCards.



Thursday 12 June 2008

quote from the Kung Fu tv series


A beautiful Tranquility ATC from Jackie Western
this is taken from the Kung Fu TV series episode 20 starring David Carradine please click on and enlarge to see the true beauty of this ATC
'Master, I am troubled.' - Caine
'Why?' - Master Kan

'My parents are long dead. General Chung is tumbled from his arrogance and power. Yet within me, anger boils as water in a heated pot.' - Caine
'Observe the daisy. Each morning with the warmth of the sun it opens in lovely blossom. Each night it closes.' - Master Kan
'I do not understand. What has a flower to do with my anger.' - Caine
'Once your anger warmed you and like the flower, you opened to it. That is long past. It is night.' - Master Kan
'Am I then to do nothing? Feel nothing? Be still?' - Caine

A carpenter could use it. The heart of a wise man is tranquil and still. Thus it is the mirror of heaven and earth. The glass of everything. Be like still water. You look into it and see yourself.'"
"Is it not better to embrace the living than to avenge the dead?" - Caine http://www.kungfu-guide.com/20spirithelper.html
Hey that brings back memories for me... i didnt miss an episode, starring David Caradine
Thanx for sharing Jackie.
Love Chriss n Dottie (who is missing Sam, Jaqi and Family) xx

2 comments:

Jaqi said...

I remember that show, I loved it he was always so calm, and had an amazing attraction to his situations.
I love this atc, and Thank you for reminding me about 'GRASSHOPPER'
Love to Dottie from Sam (hes been very quiet this week, missing Dottie i think. Jaqi x

nancy said...

What a wonderful quote and a wonderful link! We planned our week around 'Kung Fu', back in the day. Say, is there a template for the Matryoshka?
Thanks,
Nancy