Pages

Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards.

Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards. Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist Trading Cards, Artist trading Cards. Artist Trading Cards, Artist TradingCards.



Thursday 17 April 2008

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud

Oh it actually feels like Spring is here this morning and so I thought we could share this lovely ATC, hands up all of you who DIDN'T learn it word 4 word at school.
The great William Wordsworth was born on 7 April 1770 in Cockermouth, Cumberland, in the famous Lake District, The Lakes being one of my fave places to go on holiday.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced,
but they Out-did the sparkling waves in glee
A poet could not but be gay
In such a jocund company
I gazed -and gazed -but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought.
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude
And then my heart with pleasure fills
And dances with the daffodils.
http://www.online-literature.com/wordsworth/
We already have our recycled ATC challenges coming in :))) well done keep them coming girls... and if you look on the right hand side of the page you will notice we have a voting poll..well aren't we posh lol, so we don't even have to let it be known which ATC we voted for.
Today my postman brought me some lovely goodies... boy do I love him, not to mention He's quite cute... but young enough to be my son. May try to get a picci of him one day... and share him with you, mind you I am always in my PJ's when he sees me, he thinks i don't have anything to wear...lol lol well he wouldn't be far wrong ..us girls never have a thing to wear do we
The goodies were from Martine thank you Martine that was a lovely suprise along with your fab ATC's for our April challenge.
A fab swap ATC from Jaqi, thanx she's gorgeous and makes my set of 3 from you.. I hope to get yours made for you this weekend.
3 RAK ATC's from Dubia thanx Denise they are just stunning and I know that making them for me keeps you away from the poooool or could it the other way around :)) luv ya and miss u. x
We have a new member, another Denise living in South Africa this time, something about the name, I wonder...may have to change mine.
I also want to say a thank you for the very generous box of gorgeous goodies you sent me, I will treasure your altered cigar box, EVEN down to the fabulous postage stamps will be getting used...oh I feel a challenge coming on with them as I have 8 of them to share ;)).
This weekend I will be putting together our 1st blog news letter which i will try to post every month.. thanx Denise in DB for your suggestion.
Well I must tell you what I was up to Last night... I joined Nikki and Freddie from Fat Freddies online party we had drinks and buffet even http://www.fatfreddie.co.uk/ for our LIVE chat ...it was a lafff a second ... although it was difficult to type and keep up because we lafffed sooo much. Why not join them tonight at 8, details on their front page.. thanx, to Nikki and her online friends for making me lafff sooo much.. but next time the Tenalady ( if anyone from Tenalady is reading this can you please pay me for the advertising) will be in place!!!
Gosh, I've had a lot to say today so if you are still with me, thanx. Think it's the Spring weather.
I also have some news to share with you all BUT will save that for another day. lol.
More about another 2 new club members tomorrow.
enough for 1 day I hear you cry.
Luv Chriss x

See ATC Recycle Challenge below also Daniel George appeal.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chriss thanks so much for providing such merriment & caviar last night, I think I will be addicted to the live chat if it's that funny every time! BTW, sorry but I didnt learn the Daffodil poem, maybe we were too thick at my school!;D
xx
nix

Linda Vincent said...

Sounds like you've been having way too good a time! Looking forward to the first newsletter...although your blog today was rather like one!
(Postmen...firemen....mmmmm)
x

Anonymous said...

Oh why'd you not tell me 'bout the party!!! You are havin' too much fun without me...lol
Love that ATC and the poem is one of my favourites, couldn't recite it but I do think it's beautiful.

Louly said...

I've just been browsing your blog and have to say...Wow! You're ATC's are gorgeous, each and every one of them. I'm not really into making them myself but it doesn't stop me appreciating fabulous art work when I see it.

Anonymous said...

O MY ! you made me laugh this morning ,Tenalady LOL!!your writing is like a breath of fresh air never too serious ,I love that . have a good weekend love from sesga xx

PS I had a silly friend when he was drunk he used to

RECITE: I WONDERD LONELY AS A CLOWN ! :):)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a lovely thing to read that poem again. I think I last read it at school, decades ago (but who's counting?) It still strikes a deep note in me :-)

Thank you so much for your kind words, Chriss. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

And you know, your recycled ATC challenge has me thinking, especially after receiving Nikky's pretty ATC samples so now I can see what they are (size-wise etc)Maybe I could make one?? Will see how I go and email you if I can! And I want to make some cards for Daniel too...next week might be a happily busy crafty week, hey?

Em said...

Lovely ATC - and yes, it took me right back to secondary school lol!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ATC Chrissi..and the poem is beautiful too:)x

Annelies said...

Chriss, I wanted to show you the first card I made with the stamps I won on your blog. I really love them, they are so gorgeous and fun to work with. I'm sure I'll use them a lot!
http://scrapannelies.blogspot.com/2008/04/justjohanna-earth-day-5.html

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous ATC and the poem is really amaazing!

Debs said...

WOW Chrissy!!! I'm truly amazed at this oh so gorgeous, arty, fun-filled blog of yours! I've looked over it and absorbed every last beautiful detail of all those amazing ATCs and the comments, and the wonderful contributors and I soooo want to join the party!
Dare I??? I mean, I've only been LOOKING and look at the time!!!
Yours in much admiration darl,
Debs xxx